Amazon

venerdì 14 settembre 2012

The real boogie for guitar


The real boogie  (click the link to download the pdf) is a song that I worked on years ago. I remember as a kid a song of Joe Satriani contained in his debut album I think it was "Surfing with the alien". It was called "Satch Boogie" and I transcribed the first part, I liked the way it was built and the frenzied rhythm rock shuffle of Joe. Later on with SRV  and then Scott Henderson (who I have known and with whom I had the honor of playing with) I was able to better familiarize with some rhythmic aspects of American blues and rock blues and hopefully to better incorporate all this into my own musical world. Remember It's extremely important to study and learn from the great masters but never forget your uniqueness, never necessarily become some music "parrots".

In order to better play the transcription I propose here and that is of a certain difficulty I recommend you to listen the recorded audio first; which you find on www.manuelbelli.com
It is certainly not a song for beginners but for intermediate / advanced I certainly  will have to write more articles and submit exercises for all types of students and enthusiasts to 6 strings but I just wanted to open as the first blog post with a song "that really rocks" so to begin with.

Beware of the picking right hand and in general, which must always be smooth, remember that much of the sound on the instrument is given by the kind of picking you decide to use,this comes even before the amplifiers, instruments or the strings (to be discussed). Try to learn the riffs and to have the right timing at first.  that will guide you through the whole performance. Hope you have fun and please write me a note if you feel like it with your observations.

MB

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.